For individuals trying to overcome substance abuse or an eating disorder, residential treatment offers a respite from the stress and chaos of everyday life. The residential programs at ARS are designed to promote health, wellness, and recovery in an environment that appeals to the senses as well as the spirit. Living fulltime at one of our beautifully appointed facilities, our patients have the opportunity to focus their full attention on recovery and to reap the benefits of intensive therapy.
In addition to creating a serene, supportive atmosphere for men and women age 18 and older, our residential programs offer the highest level of evidence-based treatment. Our multidisciplinary team addresses the physical, psychological, and spiritual needs of our patients through a combination of trusted, clinically proven therapies. Case managers and discharge planners work with our patients to maintain stability in their personal and financial lives while they go through treatment.
Benefits of Residential Programs
Residential treatment offers numerous advantages to individuals in recovery; however, national statistics show that these programs are under-utilized. The National Survey on Drug Use and Health reports that in 2013, nearly 23 million Americans needed treatment for a drug or alcohol problem, yet only 4.1 million received substance abuse treatment, and only 1 million were treated at an inpatient rehab center.
At ARS, we believe that residential treatment is one of the core components of a comprehensive recovery program. Residential treatment paves the way to a successful recovery by giving our patients these important advantages:
- 24-hour monitoring. Our patients are supervised around the clock by nurses, health techs, and other trained professionals to ensure their comfort and safety during this sensitive phase of recovery.
- A healing environment. Many of our patients have suffered physical, mental, and emotional damage as a result of substance abuse or an eating disorder. The healing atmosphere at our residential facilities replaces the chaos of a broken life with a soothing, serene living environment. Nutritional counseling, fitness therapy, and luxury accommodations nurture the body as well as the spirit.
- A supportive community. Residents at our treatment centers are surrounded by highly qualified professionals who are dedicated to empowering them in recovery. In addition, patients can form meaningful friendships with other individuals who share their goals and struggles.
- Progressive pharmacotherapy. Medication can be an important adjunct to the intensive psychotherapy of a residential treatment program. At a residential treatment center, patients are carefully evaluated to determine whether they might benefit from pharmaceutical treatment for addiction, depression, anxiety, or other complex conditions. Because staff members work so closely with residential patients, they are able to manage the effectiveness of medications, encourage compliance, and adjust dosing appropriately.
- A chance to focus on recovery. The therapeutic work of recovery can be intense and demanding. Residential recovery offers patients a chance to temporarily leave their stresses and obligations behind, so that they can devote their full attention to therapy. For many of our patients, this respite from their everyday lives is a vital component of healing.
In residential treatment programs, patients have a full daily schedule of therapy, activities, and meetings, along with healthy meals and rest periods. The structure and stability of this routine help restore the mind and body to a state of health.
Our State-of-the-Art Facilities
ARS facilities are designed with an important goal in mind: creating an environment that promotes health and wellness on all levels. From their luxury accommodations and amenities to their beautifully landscaped grounds, studios, and meeting rooms, our residential treatment centers invite our patients to relax and focus on their recovery.
- Central Florida Detox: Detox is the beginning of recovery for many individuals. Opening with 30 beds, our dedicated medical detox facility in Orlando, Florida offers 24-hour residential care for patients who need acute detoxification services for alcoholism, opiate dependency, or prescription drug abuse.
- The Recovery Village: Located on a private, rural campus in Umatilla, Florida, The Recovery Village specializes in providing residential programs for the treatment of substance abuse, eating disorders, and substance abuse combined with mental illness (co-occurring disorders).
- Next Step Village Orlando: Our residential aftercare facility provides a full range of integrated services in a flexible environment that promotes wellness and autonomy. Next Step Village Orlando specializes in helping our clients successfully make the transition from rehab back to the community by providing transitional sober living accommodations and therapeutic aftercare services.
At ARS, we believe in making world-class residential treatment as accessible as possible. Our recovery services are reasonably priced, and we accept most types of insurance. Our facilities are conveniently located near major sources of transportation, recreational areas, and cultural centers. In addition, our services include many amenities, including free escorted, chauffeur-driven transportation to our facilities within the state of Florida.
Our Progressive Recovery Services
ARS residential treatment centers are part of a full continuum of recovery services. For most of our patients, treatment begins with a period of detoxification at our dedicated detox facility, Central Florida Detox. Once the client is medically stable and feels more rested and mentally alert, he or she is ready to make the transition to a residential program. Our advanced therapies include:
- Individual and group therapy. Using evidence-based modalities like cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) and dialectical behavior therapy (DBT), our mental health professionals help our patients learn how to cope with stress, regulate their emotions, and manage anger. In group therapy sessions, patients have the opportunity to practice these coping skills with their peers.
- Medication management. At ARS, we draw from a full array of integrated treatment therapies, including the use of prescription medications that support our patients in their efforts to overcome addiction. These medications, including naltrexone (Vivitrol) and buprenorphine (Suboxone) can help to reduce the symptoms of withdrawal and minimize the craving for drugs.
- Nutritional support. Good nutrition is the foundation for good health. ARS facilities place a strong emphasis on the importance of restoring physical energy and mental clarity through a balanced diet. Our staff includes credentialed nutritionists and dietitians who specialize in recovery from substance abuse and eating disorders.
- Experiential therapies. Many people in recovery discover that once they stop using drugs and alcohol, they have difficulty finding pleasure in sober activities. Experiential therapies help our patients rediscover the joy of self-expression, movement, and creativity. Through activities like exercise, recreational therapy, music, dance, or art, patients find a healthy outlet for painful emotions. Holistic therapies like yoga, meditation, and massage provide positive ways to manage stress and achieve overall healing.
- Life skills classes. Addiction can leave a trail of chaos in its wake. Individuals recovering from substance abuse can often benefit from training in practical skills like money management, job hunting, shopping, and more. Our life skills classes prepare our patients to re-enter the community and rebuild their lives on a more solid, stable foundation.
- Relapse prevention planning. Relapse is very common in recovery; in fact, most recovering individuals will experience at least one of these episodes. But a temporary slipup doesn’t have to mean a full return to addictive behaviors. Relapse prevention planning prepares the patient to deal with the triggers and stresses of everyday living, in order to minimize the chances of a relapse. Patients are taught to build a strong support network and to get in touch with their treatment team if a relapse does occur.
Residential treatment can open the door to a fulfilling, meaningful life. To help our patients meet this goal, our residential programs draw from the latest evidence-based therapies.
A Staff of Dedicated Experts
In residential treatment, patients maintain close contact with their treatment team, working with staff on a daily basis. The staff at our residential facilities includes therapists, counselors, nurses, nutritionists and dietitians, case managers, and holistic therapists. Physicians and psychiatrists prescribe and monitor treatment programs and guide the activities of the team. Together, these professionals form a strong, stable network that continues to sustain our patients long after they advance to the next phase in their recovery.
Length of Our Residential Programs
Recent research studies have shown that longer stays at residential treatment facilities may produce better outcomes for patients. According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, treatment as long as 90 to 120 days may be the most effective length of care. At ARS, we believe that the length of stay in treatment should be determined by the patient, not by externally imposed guidelines. In particular, patients with co-occurring disorders or complex conditions may need longer periods in treatment in order to fully address their mental, physical, and emotional needs. Throughout the course of treatment, we continually monitor and assess the individual’s progress, revising the plan of care as necessary to help the client achieve his or her goals.
Is Residential Treatment Right for Me?
Effective treatment must begin with a comprehensive assessment and evaluation. Before recommending a course of treatment, all patients are carefully evaluated by credentialed professionals. To find out whether residential treatment is right for you or for someone you care about, call the intake counselors at one of our treatment facilities. Our admissions specialists are here to answer your questions and provide the support you need to start your recovery journey today.